Thursday, August 12, 2010

Thrifty Thursday - Rotisserie Chicken

Our family likes to have roasted chicken. But I don't like cooking it, and most rotisserie chickens from the store are small and pricey. I recently tried one from Costco and was impressed. $4.99 for a good-sized chicken. I don't think I would be able to buy a whole roaster for much less than that, and they do the work for me. We prefer the white meat, so I shred that up along with a little of the dark meat to stretch it a bit further. Then I use the bones to make my own chicken stock, further increasing our savings. I have also found that I can make gravy from the drippings at the bottom of the container. For all that I am able to make from one chicken it is really a good value.

Please feel free to share any of your thrifty tips!

No comments: