Thursday, January 29, 2009

Thrifty Thursday - Cleaning Rags

I used to spend a fortune on Lysol or Clorox wipes to clean our kitchen and bathrooms. Not only was this costly, but I have serious concerns about the safety of the chemicals in those products. Then I began making my own natural cleaning solution (see previous post for directions) and using that along with paper towels to clean. But the cost of going through so many paper towels meant I had to find a better way. So I went through our overstuffed linen closet and found a few old towels. I cut them into squares that are roughly 5x5. I stitched two squares together and there was an absorbent cleaning rag. I keep a basket in my laundry room for dirty rags and do a wash for them about every 7-10 days. At about 10 cents per load it saves a bundle compared to paper towels or commercial cleaning products. Give it a try!

No comments: