Wednesday, June 17, 2009

Works for Me: Co-sleeping

Princess 2 arrived on June 1st! She is doing great and God has blessed me with an easy recovery from the c-section. I feel almost back to normal now.

But as we all know, anyone with a newborn is going to be low on sleep. With our first daughter,we had her sleep in a crib in our room. Hubby and I took turns getting up all night to feed her, rock her, and try to get her back to sleep. For three long months, we were both running on fumes.

This time we are doing thing differently. I am sleeping in our bed with the baby. She can nurse as she needs, and I can generally get back to sleep pretty quickly, averaging about 7 hours of sleep. Hubby doesnt mind sleeping in the guest room, as he is now getting at least 6 hours of uninterrupted sleep each night. Not bad for having a newborn in the house.

So for getting some rest, co-sleeping is working for us! Visit Kristen for more advice.

No comments: