Wednesday, April 8, 2009

Works For Me - Toddler Tray

At my house it is a rare occasion if we all eat dinner together. As much as I would like us to, it just doesnt work out that way. Since the start of this pregnancy, I am starving by 5 and have to eat then. Hubby usually eats about an hour later after he returns from work. And my daughter is usually not ready to eat before 7 pm - if we try to feed her earlier we all get frustrated.

At 2 1/2 I feel that she still needs some supervision (and some company) while she eats. But we got tired of having to sit at the table for half an hour to watch her eat at night (our dining room chairs are NOT comfortable).

So last week a light bulb went off in my head. You've probably seen the plastic lap trays made for kids. I think they're meant for coloring and other activities, but she never used it for that. So I had her sit on the living room floor and served her dinner on the tray. She loved it because it was fun, and we loved that she can eat her dinner with us while we hang out in the family room. Works for all of us!

Visit We Are That Family for more tips!

No comments: